Saturday, April 7, 2007

Snow, UGH!

Here it is, the day before Easter, and instead of beautiful blue skies, the smell of fresh-cut grass, and children playing contently, there's snow! UGH! And Easter Day isn't suppose to be much better. Here in my part of the U.S., the forecast is AM snow showers with a high of 46 and a low of 26. Not a good day to wear our cute Easter outfits, or hide and hunt Easter Eggs. But my DD and I will color them anyway. She's been looking foward to it, so I'm not going to tell her we can't color eggs because of the wintery weather. I guess we'll just hide them in the house for her and DS.

I still have to put the kids' Easter baskets together. I like making them instead of buying them already made, because I know what each child really likes, and I know what will be played with and what will eventually have to be donated.

This week is Spring Break for the kids. My DH and I have an ongoing joke about spending long periods of time with the kids by myself. He refers to it as, "Looks like you'll need to double up on your Prozac this week." I know that might seem mean, but the kids get bored and then they begin to argue. Then they begin to cry, and cry...and cry some more. It's a little fraying to the nerves sometimes. But with that said, there is nothing I would change about them. God gave us these children and He trusts us to provide for them and give them proper love and care. Some days are more difficult than others. With DS's autism especially. But I know he is a gift from God-one of His Angels.

I'm rambling too much. I'll wrap this up now and should have pictures to post tomorrow of us and the kids' enjoying this cold, wintery Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.